ViziLite Plus as part of our comprehensive oral screening
Oral cancer is one of the most curable diseases when it's caught early. That's why the ViziLite Plus exam has been developed. ViziLite Plus uses technology that has proven successful in identifying soft tissue abnormalities in other areas of the body. A ViziLite Plus exam is particularly important if you are at increased risk for developing oral cancer.
For more information about ViziLite Plus and the ViziLite Plus examination, click here to view an informative ViziLite Plus video segment. (Download Windows Media Player)
ViziLite® Plus oral lesion identification and marking system
The newest tool in the fight against oral disease is the ViziLite® Plus oral lesion identification and marking system.
ViziLite® Plus, from Zila Pharmaceuticals, combines the oral screening technology of ViziLite, an advanced chemiluminescent light technology to help detect oral abnormalities, with TBlue630™. TBlue630 is the only patented pharmaceutical-grade form of toluidine blue that has been cleared by the FDA for use in marking lesions identified during a ViziLite examination.
ViziLite Plus makes oral screening more comprehensive than ever before and is indicated for use in individuals at increased risk of oral cancer. If ViziLite reveals an abnormality, TBlue630 can be used to mark suspicious lesions for further evaluation.
How ViziLite Plus Works
As with most serious diseases, early detection is the key to successful outcomes. Unfortunately, the problem with oral cancer is that approximately 70% of the time it is not visible to the dental professional until it has reached an advanced stage. ViziLite Plus technology assists your dental professional in seeing abnormal tissue in the mouth, before it is plainly obvious.
As ViziLite Plus passes over oral tissue that has been treated with the rinse solution, normal healthy tissue will absorb the light and appear dark, abnormal tissue will appear white. The purpose of using ViziLite Plus is to identify tissue changes at their earliest stage; once abnormal tissue has been identified it is up to your dental professional to determine what the appropriate next steps are.
Benefits and Expectations
- When oral cancer is found at the earliest stage, treatment is quicker, simpler, less involved, and more then 90% successful!
- When oral cancer is diagnosed in late stage, treatment is expensive, disfiguring and has a poor survival rate.
- ViziLite Plus is a technology used by your dental professional to assist in the early detection of abnormal tissue in your mouth.
- ViziLite Plus helps your dental professional see abnormal tissue that is not visible during a regular exam.
- At the conclusion of a ViziLite Plus exam, following a standard visual exam, you can be confident you have received the most comprehensive oral cancer screening available